Skip to search panel.
Skip to main content panel.
Skip to footer panel.
Total open vacancies available: 50
My Job Basket (0)
This page displays details of the selected vacancy.
You can download the job specification, apply for the job or add it to your job basket while you consider it further (or remove it if it is already in your job basket).
Patient Care Specialist, Oncology/Nephro
Patient Care Specialist - Medicine Program
Status: Full Time
File Number: UN. EX. 130001098
Wage Schedule: $46.163 - $50.293 per hour
Program: Medicine Program
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Patient Care Specialist, Oncology within the Lakeridge Health Medicine Program reports to the Director, Medicine Program. The successful candidate will hold a leadership role with responsibility for: creating supportive learning opportunities and an environment that facilitates growth and development of unit staff to ensure continual improvement in clinical practice and quality of patient care. In addition, the Patient Care Specialist will develop/design, plan and deliver educational programs/activities which will facilitate the development of the nursing and clinical team. The Specialist will work in partnership with members of the health care team, patients, families, to facilitate excellence in the delivery and provision of comprehensive care.
In collaboration with care team members, participates in the design, implementation, monitoring, revising and management of patient care and unit processes and procedures to ensure smooth operation of the patient care unit using in depth knowledge of patient care delivery systems based on Standards of Practice including but not limited to Patient Driven Care, RNAO Best Practice Guidelines, Clinical Pathways, Medical Directives and Hospital Policies.
Working with the Patient Care Manager of the units and other departments, the Patient Care Specialist will ensure appropriate systems and resources are in place to support timely and appropriate patient flow and smooth transition and coordination of patient services across the continuum of care. The Patient Care Specialist in partnership with the Patient Care Manager, will be responsible for the human resource management of the unit and will assume the management of the unit in the absence of the Patient Care Manager.
* Baccalaureate degree in nursing required;
* Masters of Nursing preferred;
* current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
* current BCLS;
* proven significant recent nursing experience in medical/surgical unit;
* proven recent experience with oncology and palliative care required;
* knowledge of the principles of adult education and teaching/learning principles;
* knowledge of hospital nursing functions and current trends in nursing and health care;
* proven planning, organizational, leadership and prioritization skills;
* must be an accomplished change agent;
* demonstrates effective assessment, implementation and evaluation skills;
* knowledge of relevant legislation, standards, related best practice guidelines;
* demonstrated effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
* demonstrated critical-thinking skills;
* ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
* demonstrated project management and problem solving skills;
* demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service education in this area
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with Lakeridge Health's policies and procedures.
Lakeridge Health thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under Lakeridge Health's Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.