Skip to search panel.
Skip to main content panel.
Skip to footer panel.
Total open vacancies available: 36
My Job Basket (0)
This page displays details of the selected vacancy.
You can download the job specification, apply for the job or add it to your job basket while you consider it further (or remove it if it is already in your job basket).
* This vacancy is now closed *
Registered Nurse Corporate Emergency
Corporate Emergency Program
Registered Nurse - Corporate Emergency Program
Status: Regular Part-Time
File Number: ONA-130001021
Location: Port Perry
Wage Schedule: $30.17 - $43.61 per hour
Program: Corporate Emergency Program
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To use nursing process in providing patient care. To participate as a member of the Health Care Team and the Nursing Team. As an individual practitioner, to maintain competence and professionalism relevant to current practice. To maintain nursing records. To perform other related duties as assigned.
* Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (in good standing);
* current B.C.L.S.;
* demonstrated commitment to maintaining Reflective Practice Standards as outlined by the CON;
* recent significant Emergency/Critical Care experience: paediatric experience;
* successful completion of coronary care courses from an approved institution;
* proven EKG interpretation, cardiac monitoring, trauma nursing, and patient assessment skills (tested);
* must be I.V. Certified and Defibrillation Certified;
* proven organizational, prioritization, critical thinking, problem-solving and teaching skills;
* effective communication and interpersonal skills;
* sound judgement, good observation skills, tact and empathy;
* commitment to complete certification in Emergency Nursing (ENC(C);
* Critical Care/ER/TNCC Certificate preferred;
* demonstrated ability to assume a charge/supervisory role;
* physically capable to lifting, turning, transferring patients manually and with mechanical aids;
* demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service education sessions;
* B.Sc.N, preferred
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and Ontario Nurses' Association.
Lakeridge Health thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
**Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under Lakeridge Health's Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.