Skip to search panel.
Skip to main content panel.
Skip to footer panel.
Total open vacancies available: 36
My Job Basket (0)
This page displays details of the selected vacancy.
You can download the job specification, apply for the job or add it to your job basket while you consider it further (or remove it if it is already in your job basket).
* This vacancy is now closed *
Manager, Labour Relations & Compensation
Manager, Labour Relations and Compensation
Status: Permanent Full Time
File Number: UN. EX. - 1300000731
Wage Schedule: $50.13 - $54.26 per hour based on 37.5 hour week
Program: Human Resources
Lakeridge Health is looking for a highly dedicated and skilled leader with personal and professional qualities align with the mission and vision of the hospital. This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a seasoned Human Resources Professional, a skilled problem solver, excellent communicator with a solid background in both Labour Relations and Compensation to join our Human Resources Management team. Reporting to the Senior Director, Human Resources and Workforce Strategy, you have the ability to build and maintain positive and productive relationships with union and management groups. You will be accountable for the delivery of effective, timely, efficient and progressive labour relations and compensation services, including but not limited to collective agreement interpretation, bargaining strategies, grievance and arbitration processes, benefits and HRIS, and will act as a champion of these and other related services. Responsible for direct reports as well as a departmental budget, the Manager of Labour Relations and compensation will showcase their knowledge and expertise in decision-making, relationship building, initiative, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- provide expert advice, information and education to the Leadership group to ensure a positive Labour Relations environment, including the interpretation and application of collective agreements; workplace legislation; policies; accommodation issues; and on the appropriateness of disciplinary and non-disciplinary actions;
- facilitate internal dispute resolution meetings; labour-management committees; redeployment processes; grievance processes; and participate in external hearings such as labour arbitrations and Labour Board proceedings;
- plan and co-ordinate processes relating to central and local contract negotiations to ensure Lakeridge Health is prepared to commence collective bargaining; co-ordinate and act as integral member of the bargaining committee; including researching and costing proposals and preparing and/or reviewing drafts of collective agreement language;
- design and manage compensation and benefits plans that are aligned with the strategic direction and business objectives of Lakeridge Health enabling the achievement of equitable and market-driven levels of compensation while ensuring compensation plans meet regulatory compliance and governance/audit requirements;
- be responsible for the staff, technical/administrative support and system structures to ensure efficient operations within areas of responsibility, ensuring staff have what they need to provide optimal services; and represent the HR program and functional area through participation on corporate task forces, work groups and committees.
You possess the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Industrial Relations or a related discipline;
- Certified Human Resources Professional (C.H.R.P) designation;
- significant experience in labour relations and compensation fields ;
- extensive knowledge of workplace legislation (Labour Relations Act, Human Rights Code, Employment Standards Act), and leading labour law and human rights decisions;
- experience and expertise in procedures, practices and techniques used in collective bargaining strategies, labour management negotiations, and other dispute resolution mechanisms;
- effective verbal and written communication, negotiation, relationship building and dispute resolution skills including the ability to fully utilize contemporary information and communication tools;
- considerable experience with job evaluation, wage and salary administration, including thorough knowledge of legislation, regulations and contract provisions relating to these matters;
- oriented towards continuous learning and is able to effectively support employees in developing their knowledge and skills to meet corporate objectives;
- ability to take a broad, organization-wide ("big picture") view when making decisions and solving problems, anticipate future needs and identify potential opportunities and challenges;
- proven management skills including financial, human resources, quality improvement, change management, evaluation and planning and utilization management skills; and
- healthcare or hospital experience, preferred.
In return, Lakeridge Health will offer you:
- competitive total compensation and benefits package
- membership in a strong and highly reputable pension plan
- 4 weeks vacation to start
- interest-free educational loans and bursaries
- opportunities for career development
- employee recognition programs