Skip to search panel.
Skip to main content panel.
Skip to footer panel.
Total open vacancies available: 49
My Job Basket (0)
This page displays details of the selected vacancy.
You can download the job specification, apply for the job or add it to your job basket while you consider it further (or remove it if it is already in your job basket).
* This vacancy is now closed *
REHABILITATION ASSISTANT- ACUTE PHYSIO
Status: Temporary Part-Time
File Number: CUPE SRV - 130000952
Wage Schedule: $26.92 - $27.80 per hour
Program: ACUTE PHYSIO
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Providing and monitoring various functional restoration and exercise programs under prescript of the Occupational Therapist and Physiotherapist with appropriate use of related equipment; providing timely feedback to supervising therapists regarding patient status and response to treatment; assisting in the maintenance of the department including physical environment, equipment and inventory of supplies; setting up class for activities; assisting with ADL treatment and wheelchair maintenance/set-up; assisting the Physiotherapist and Occupational Therapist to increase level of mobility function; and other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an Occupational/Physiotherapy Assistant Program of an accredited College or an equivalent combination of education and experience as a Rehabilitation Assistant;
- current CPR certification;
- able to maintain statistical data and general department maintenance duties;
- able to lift, turn, transfer patients manually and with mechanical aids;
- effective verbal and written communication skills;
- proven interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills;
- proven team player in a multidisciplinary team;
- experience working with therapeutic modalities in a hospital physiotherapy department is a asset;
- demonstrated understanding of an commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service education in this area
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and C.U.P.E. Local 1999 (Service Bargaining Unit).
Lakeridge Health thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.